Highway Superintendent Chris Countryman and the Town of Macedon
Chris Countryman is proof positive: hard work and perseverance pay off. For him, the journey to becoming highway superintendent of the town of Macedon was a slow and steady one that began in 1998 when he joined the highway department. A lifelong resident of Macedon, Chris was born and raised on the north side of town, off of Quaker Road. Click for more...
N.Y.S. Highway & Public Works Expo Sets Attendance Record
A tradition since 1994, the 29th annual N.Y.S. Highway & Public Works Expo was held Oct. 18, 2023, at the NYS Fairgrounds Expo Center in Syracuse. Breaking all previous attendance records, 1,400 representatives of highway departments, public works officials, DOT officials, as well as managers of parks and recreation facilities and road maintenance contractors enjoyed the show. Click for more...
Highway Superintendent Frank Petramale and the Town of Ulster
For 35 years, Frank Petramale has been employed by the highway department of the town of Ulster in Ulster County. Before he ran for highway superintendent in 2008, he served as road maintenance leader for eight years — third in line in charge of the department. Click for more...
Alta Equipment Holds Open House in Syracuse, N.Y.
Alta Equipment held an open house and customer appreciation event Aug. 24, 2023, at its Syracuse, N.Y., facility. Factory representatives from the major lines of equipment that Alta represents, including Volvo, JCB, Toro, Gradall, AMI, Arctic Snow and Ice Products, Cummings and Bricker, Doosan Portable Power, Ecoverse, Mauldin, Nikola, Steelwrist, Striker Hydraulic Breakers, Terramac, Towmaster and more were on hand to display products and answer questions. Click for more...
Get Ready for the 2023 NYS Highway & Public Works Expo
Last year's NYS Highway & Public Works Expo was a resounding success with more than 1,800 in attendance. And that was thanks to all of you who attended and exhibited. Click for more...
Editor's Notebook November 2023
The 2023 N.Y.S. Highway & Public Works Expo is in the books and our early reports show that we may have broken an attendance record. More on that possibility in next month's issue when we publish the coverage of the Expo. Right now, as of press time, one day after the Expo, we're still going through the numbers. Click for more...
- Highway Superintendent Mike Andrews Jr. and the Town of Malone
- KAGE Innovation Releases New Trip Edge Snow Pusher
- Highway Superintendent Roger LaBombard and the Town of Chateaugay
- Considering Fleet Tracking? CyberTrac Has GPS Solution
- Highway Superintendent Robert Wyant and the Town of Rhinebeck
- Highway Superintendent Elizabeth Aubin and the Town of Worth
- Western N.Y. Super Assoc. Holds 40th Annual Equipment Show
- Highway Superintendent David Miller and the Town of Lockport
- Highways Superintendent & Public Works Commissioner Brian Sherman and the Town of Shelter Island
- Highway Superintendent Theresa Burke and the Town of Red Hook